Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Steel Dragon




When I finished self-publishing Princess of Amathar, I suddenly felt like I could write another novel. I had an idea for a fantasy setting and a plot that I outlined. It was a story in three parts, and as I began writing it, I didn't know if it was going to be one very long three part novel, or three novels in a trilogy. I began writing and wrote almost daily for fifteen months. It seemed that the story just came out. It was great. I made copies for ten teachers and other staff members at school who wanted to read it and give me feedback for revision. The drawback to this is that they have had the book the entire summer, and I've only yet gotten a bit of feedback by email from one. But, I return to work next week. In the meantime, I've already begun sending out queries to literary agents. I decided that I am going to send it to every literary agent and book publisher who deals with this genre. I'm already getting rejection letters. More about that later.

No comments: