Monday, September 1, 2008

Rejections

If you want to try and get a book published, you've got to be thick skinned. I decided that I wanted to get The Steel Dragon published by a traditional press. I think it's good enough, and I think it would sell. Realistically, to get a book published today means having an agent. I have sent queries to about a dozen agents so far. Most have responded back. All so far, have been rejections. These usually come in the form of form letters. I have no problem with that. I know that literary agents receive thousands of queries each year. On the other hand, some form letters are better than others. Some are simple. Some are encouraging. The only reply that I really was bothered by was an agent who scrawled "Not for me" across my own query letter and returned it. I'm going to keep trying and I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: