Saturday, December 27, 2008

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin


I finished Split Infinity at about 1:00 AM on Christmas morning, as I was waiting for Santa. Little did I imagine when I took on the duties of father that I would have to wait for my 20 year old daughter to get home and get to bed before Santa could make his visit. Anyway, having finished that book, I have started the next eRead-- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln. I love history of course, being a history teacher. And who doesn't love Abe? But my choice of this book came due to the confluence of two events. First I saw Ms. Goodwin on Jay Leno's Tonight Show and was interested in what she had to say about Lincoln, and of course having heard her speak quite eloquently on other occasions. And that same day I received a coupon via email from Sony, giving me 50% off any purchase in the Ebook Store from Sony. Boo-yah! Cheap ebook! I expect that this one will take me a bit longer than my last read, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: