Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What to write? What to write?



I'm pounding through chapter two of Knights of Amathar right now, but I'm already thinking about what should be next on my book list. I have several ideas, and while one might be more appealing to me right now, I'll probably change my mind by the time I finish my current project. Here are my current ideas:

A novel that takes place between the second and third books of The Steel Dragon, turning the trilogy into a... series with four books in it.

A novel that does the same thing, only takes place after The Two Dragons (making the new book the fourth book in the series. I would have to remove the epilog at the end of the two dragons that tells what happens to all the characters for the rest of their lives.

A novel that takes place in the world of The Steel Dragon, but with all new characters-- a family that is split up and travels around the world.

A novel about a shipwrecked sailor (Yes, I just read Robinson Crusoe) taking place in the world of The Steel Dragon.

Enough Steel Dragon for you?

A science fiction novel about a merchant starship captain-- romance/adventure.

A sci-fi conspiracy comedy-- can't say anything more than that at the moment.

A story about archaologists in the far future opening a time capsule from the twentieth century.

A fantasy story about people from different eras of earth brought to a magical realm.

A swords & sorcery novel about a warrior and a bard and a queen.

A sci-fi horror story about a starship crew who finds unspeakable horror on a dead world.

A story about children who can cross dimensions.

Well, there you go. When I get to the end of my current work, I'll let you know which if any of these I decide to work on next.

No comments: