Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yesterday's Excerpt

Yesterday's exceprt was from Chapter 8 of The Voyage of the Minotaur, entitled Terrence's Jungle Adventure. Here is a little background about the chapter.

The book follows several people and rotates between their viewpoints. Terrence was not originally going to be one of those people. He was going to be a supporting cast member. However, I wrote seven chapters and I looked at my story so far and realized I really needed some action. Terrence was already plotted to be involved in some important action later in the story, but it was going to happen offscreen as it were. So I added this chapter, which was not in my original outline. This changed the whole focus of the rest of the story. Now that Terrence was one of my main characters, his relationship with other characters became more important, and when I did get to that big action climax, I was there.

No comments: