Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Immediacy of Technology



One of the greatest advantages of all the technology we have around us is our immediate access to our cultural reference material. On several occasions now I have seen authors speaking about their books on television, logged onto the Sony eBook Store and purchased and downloaded their book into my Sony Reader before their interview was over.

The other night, I was watching Terminator: The Sarah Conners Chronicles and heard a wonderfully Scottish song "Donald, Where's Your Trousers". I logged on to Amazon to find five or six versions of the song, listened to the samples of them, and purchased (for only 99 cents) the song as sung by The Kerry Boys. I've been listening to it all morning as I blog. You can listen to a sample here if you are interested.

Incidentally, today marks the 8th month anniversary of this blog. Yea!

No comments: