Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Book Sales


A self-publishing author is both an author and a publisher.  Sounds pretty obvious, right?  I watch my sales records on a daily basis and am usually giddy when someone buys a book.  Right now I usually sell at least one book a day.  My free books are being downloaded at a rate of about 6,000 per month.  Of course I need to get more books done so that people can buy them, and I'm working hard on that this summer.

My point is, I see when someone buy a book, I'm always excited about it.  If you saw how happy it made me you would assume that I was getting a lot more than $1-3 for it.  My goal this year is to make more money writing than I spend publishing and I'm on track to make that goal.  Next year, I'll have a more ambitious one.  Anyway, I don't have the email address of everyone who buys a book or an ebook, but if I did, I would write individual thank you notes.  If you have purchased one of my books-- thanks.  You have no idea how good it makes me feel.

Have a great summer everyone.  Mine starts tomorrow, when I check out from school.  I said good-bye to all my students today, so it's time to put away my teacher hat and don my author hat.

2 comments:

Fredislaughing said...

I'd love to share something I found on page 66 of the ereader text for HRG.Love the blog and LOVE the perseverance.

Mr. Wesley Allison said...

Please do share. You can do so here, or email me at mrallison@cox.net. I looked at page 66 and found a typo, so whether or not that was what you wanted to share, thanks.

Thank you also for the kind words.

Wes.