Thursday, July 1, 2010

Senta and the Steel Dragon Book 2 - First Draft Completed


The first draft of Senta and the Steel Dragon Book 2: The Dark and Forbidding Land is done.  It will be a while before I start the revision process, but it looks like I'm on target to have the ebook ready for August 1st.  Book 3 will follow about a month later (since it is already written).

Book 2 is a shorter book (about 70,000 words) that tells the tale of a harsh and frightening winter in Birmisia.  It takes place when Senta is ten, a little over a year after the colonists arrival (in Book 1).  I did a lot of editing on the fly, removing possible story lines that I had drafted, and combining others.  I completely changed my idea for the ending because I thought it was too much like the ending for Book 3.

In any case, I'll let you know when to expect the book.

No comments: