Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tesla's Stepdaughters - Chapter 10 Excerpt


The group dispersed, leaving Penny and Andrews alone.


“So…” she said.

“Yes?”

“We’re supposed to get to know each other.”

“Yes.”

“I really don’t see the point. It’s not like we’re going to find many things in common.”

“You don’t think so?”

“Well, no. You’re a man and I’m a woman, you’re a Science Police agent and I’m a musician.”

“Maybe we have other interests in common.”

“Like what?”

“Do you like hotdogs?”

“I prefer hamburgers.”

He shrugged.

“That’s just it though. We don’t need to have everything in common to get along. Two people can share time together without needing to do the same thing all the time. If I want to sit around all day reading H. Rider Haggard…”

“I love H. Rider Haggard.”

“Really? Which is your favorite?”

“King Solomon’s Mines.”

“That’s a good one. I like She. Well, I guess there was bound to be something we both enjoyed.”

“I suppose,” said Andrews.

“I’m sure we would both enjoy making out.”

“Making out what?”

“Making out… kissing? You do know what kissing is, right?”

“Of course.”

Penny moved close to him and then turned so that she was draped across his lap, looking up at him. “We kissed some the other night, just not on the mouth.” Placing her hand on his cheek, she guided his face to hers. He felt his lips pressed against hers and then they were parted by her tongue.

Andrews suddenly pulled back and looked at her. She stuck out her tongue, revealing a silver ball attached to a stud which pierced the middle of it.

“Oh…” recognition dawned upon him. “That’s what that was the other night.”

No comments: