Monday, August 23, 2010

Update - His Robot Girlfriend Revision


I finished the revision of His Robot Girlfriend, though I haven't yet listened to it being read aloud.  I already posted the updated version to Smashwords.  The great thing about Smashwords is that you can post multiple revisions.  When I finish listening, then I'll post new versions on Feedbooks and the other sites.  The main reason I went ahead and sent the half measure, is that I am getting tired of reading comments about all the typos.  I found and fixed about a dozen typos, but an entire page where the quotation marks have been replaced with @-- that's not a typo.  That's a problem somewhere in the conversion process from .doc to .epub.  Thankfully, Smashwords' conversion software is much improved of late.  Also I fixed something that was bothering me.  I finally got all the regular (non-tilty) quotation marks replaced with smart quotation marks (the ones where the begin quote is different than then end quote).  I also made a few text changes so that a few points were more clear-- not many.  I'd say I change, deleted, or added maybe fifty sentences.  I'll let you know when I've uploaded the final second edition version, should anyone out there be interested.

No comments: