Sunday, September 12, 2010

iPad


I haven't spent a lot of time talking about my iPad, but I still love it.  I enjoy iBooks, though I have all the other book programs on it as well-- Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Borders.  All the books I've bought so far have been either from Kobo or Barnes and Noble so that I can get epub format, then I strip the epub and read them in iBooks which I like better.  I haven't bought any Kindle books even when they have been cheaper because I can't strip the DRM (I'm sure I can, I just haven't taken the time to learn how).   If I can, I buy DRM-free books.  It's only once in a while that a book is so compelling I have to get it anyway. The world will be a much better place when publishers just stop all the DRM in their books and we can choose where we would like to buy our books and on which reader we would like to read them.

P.S. Tomorrow's post, posted today, so I can sleep in tomorrow.  I'm exhausted.

No comments: