Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Troubles With Norton


Everyone should have virus protection on their computer.  I have been using Norton 360 for about three years.  One of the things I like about it is the Internet protection and storing passwords.  I don't have to remember 500 passwords because Norton does it for me-- or it did.  I upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 and my passwords disappeared.  I called Tech support and they logged into my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled it about five times and worked for about three hours.  Then the tech-support guy called a supervisor and he did the same thing for about another hour before telling me my passwords were gone and there was no backup.  Once I had disconnected from Norton, I tried to fix it myself.  IT TOOK ME 3 MINUTES.  I was able to find the backup without even looking.  It was on the pull down menu.  Case closed.  Problem solved.

No comments: