Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Writing: 2009

It was about here that I really decided I wanted to be a writer, I guess.  I had published His Robot Girlfriend as a free ebook, and I put out Princess of Amathar as an ebook.

I realized that The Steel Dragon was way to big to ever be accepted by a publisher, so I split it into it's three parts and sent them off, trying to get them published as a trilogy.  The rejection slips started pouring in.

I was speding so much time sending out letters and queries that I didn't have too much time to write, but I wanted to write something, so I made up a little story, inspired a bit by Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.  I set my story in the fantasy world I had created to play Dungeons and Dragons with my kids, and Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess was done.  I had so much fun that I wrote Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Sorceress, based on the play I had once written for the Brown JHS Thespian Club.

2 comments:

Jordan Mendell said...

I read girlfriend then wife, great job. They were fun. Keep writing, one day someone will come along and publish your work. You have fans, keep it up.

Mr. Wesley Allison said...

I may have a book to submit to traditional publishers this summer, though quite frankly I'm enjoying my minimal success as an indy author. There is still quite a bit of prestige in being published by one of the major publishers, at least until they become extinct.