Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Writing: 2011


I knew that if any of my books was likely to capture attention, it would be His Robot Wife.  His Robot Girlfriend was being downloaded by the thousands each month, despite not being my best work.  So I really worked to finish a book that was much better written than the original.  I also for the first time had letters from over a hundred people who had questions or suggestions about a sequel to His Robot Girlfriend.  That was pretty strange-- that kind of feedback was definitely new to me.  I finished it and published it in February with a goal of selling 8,000 ebooks in a year.  It seems like I might make that goal.

I promised myself that I would finish five books this year, and I'm going to be a full time writer this summer.  I usually write after school and on weekends anyway, but I've been sick now for almost two months and just don't have the energy.  But I'm going to get it done!  I have ten projects in various stages of completion and it's only a matter of which one comes first.  I'll tell you about them all over the next few days.

3 comments:

Orville Bullitt said...

Please, oh please write another story about Mike and Patience!!! I swear to you, both stories brought me to tears, joy, excitement, and genuinely kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was Next! You got me looking up the possibilties on the internet. Much to my surprise, there are such robots out there, but no where as good as Patience! Then, talk about coincidence, Discovery fit & health had a documentary about sex robots! I thought of You! I hope you caught it. If not, maybe you can get it from them. But once again, PLEASE, write more about Mike and Patience! You are a very gifted story Teller! BOTH books were Great! Feel better soon!

Mr. Wesley Allison said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I am pretty sure that I will write another book about Mike and Patience (I have a title in mind). I don't know when I'll get to it though.

Noah said...

I am very glad to hear that you may be writing another story about Mike and Patience--I just finished His Robot Wife and I have to say that both of the stories are entertaining and fun. I just wish they weren't so short! They are over way too fast!