Sunday, May 1, 2011

City of Amathar Banner Change

I've changed the banner of City of Amathar Blog.  For the past two a half years it has said "The Official Blog of School Teacher / Novelist Wesley Allison."  I have changed it to "The Official Blog of Author Wesley Allison."  This is not because I've given up being a teacher.  I haven't.  Nor is it because I'm not still proud to be a teacher.  I am.  But I've decided I can't blog about being a teacher.  I just don't have it in me.  I can't shout into the wind anymore.  Teachers have gone from being underappreciated to being the scapegoats and whipping boys of politicians, pundits, and commentators who don't have a clue.  I'll continue to do my best, for more, with less.  But after I get home from work, I'm not going to carry it with me anymore.  From now on, when I get home I'm no longer Mr. Allison.  I'm just Wesley Allison.

No comments: