Monday, May 9, 2011

Work in Progress: Blood Trade


This is what I've been working on for the past month and I'll continue on at least until the end of the school year.  Depending on how close I am to finishing, I'll either finish it immedately over the summer, or set it aside to  work on The Young Sorceress.

Blood Trade is a vampire story set in Las Vegas.  It is not a paranormal romance.  There's not much romance in it, but there is a lot of paranormal... and sex, and violence.  The main character is a goth girl, former army ranger, private detective.  One of the ideas I'm playing with is that society is starting to break down as the corruption, violence, and evil of vampires and other monster seep into the everyday lives of regular people.  I'll fill you in a bit more about the story in the coming weeks.  Right now I'm just finishing up chapter 4 (of 20).

No comments: