Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nook Friends and Ebook Lending


The other day I posted about the social aspects of reading and I wasn't too keen on it, although I've been posting my current read "Moon Called" to my Facebook and Twitter friends.  On the other hand, I've just discovered Nookfriends and it is pretty awesome.

You enter a contact, which you can either type in or import form Gmail and make that person, assuming they have a nook of some type, a Nook Friend.  Then you can see right on your Nook what books they have that are lendable and you can ask to borrow them.  It's pretty awesome.

Now I doubt I will use this very much.  I seldom read NYT best sellers, but every once in a while I do.  On the other hand, I tend to collect lots of different books (ebooks too) and I might expect people to borrow them occassionally.

For those that don't know anyone who has a Nook the Facebook Nook club has over 600 members that you can import into your gmail and from there into your Nook.  Presto!  Instant community from which to borrow or to whom to loan.

No comments: