Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Over 3,000 Book Sales


I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had record book sales last month.  Well, the first numbers have come in for this month.  I'm not sure if they are going to match last month, but they are good and have pushed my total book sales over the 3000 mark.  That is paid book sales, mind you.  That might not sound like much to you, but it's a celebration for me.

Even more exciting is the knowledge that my book royalties for this month are going to be more than double last months.  I'm sure somebody out there will say "Hah!  He's in it for the money!"  Well, the truth is that I'll be retiring from my day job in about eight years and I would like to make enough money writing that I don't have to be a door greeter at Walmart (not that there's anything wrong with that).  For that to happen, they still need to double about three more times.  But what makes the royalties more exciting is that it is an indication that there are people out there who enjoy my writing enough to pay for it.

Once again, thanks to all who bought a copy of Princess of Amathar, Tesla's Stepdaughters, His Robot Wife, or any of the Senta and the Steel Dragon books.

No comments: