Sunday, July 10, 2011

Update: Blood Trade


It's been a little over five weeks since I updated you about my current project.  It's taking me a lot longer than I expected.  I'm just taking longer to write this than some of my other books.  I'm not sure why, exactly.  I've just finished chapter 9.  There will probably be 13 chapters in all.  So, since I started this about the beginning of April, you might expect that it will take me about six more weeks to finish the first draft.  If that is the case, I won't be ready to revise it until after school starts, and that means I'll be working much slower on it.  So, my best guess for right now for publication is about the 1st of October.  Wow!  That seems like such a long way off, especially considering I wanted to get three more books done this year.  I guess that's not going to happen.  The following is a repeat of the short blurb I posted about five weeks ago about the book.  Details are subject to change:

Blood Trade is the story of Goth Girl/Former Army Ranger/Private Detective/Tattoo Model/Vampire Hunter Xochitl McKenna, who is thrown into the world of human trafficking committed by both humans and vampires, as she hunts for a twelve year old runaway. Crossing paths, and sometimes getting in her way, are Vegas Cop Vince Rizello, mysterious FBI agent Dominic Zielinski; Novelyne Cavendish, a 200 year old ditsy blonde vampire, and Larry the werewolf.

2 comments:

Miss Fletcher said...

This one sounds interesting, very cool names. Russian?

Mr. Wesley Allison said...

Hi,
Thanks. Zielinski is an eastern European name-- Russian or Ukrainian. Dominic, Vince, and Rizello are all Italian. McKenna and Cavendish are Irish surnames. And Xochitl is a fairly common Hispanic name. It comes from Nuatl, the language of the Aztecs and means flower. I don't know the origin of Novelyne, other than it was the name of Robert E. Howard's (the creator of Conan) girlfriend. I've loved the name since I first heard it and have been saving it for a story.