Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Women of Power almost done, plus a new project.


I'm down to the last few pages of Women of Power and I expect to be done in 2-3 days with the first draft.  As I already mentioned, this story is already in pretty good shape, so it will probably be a quick revise and edit.  Look for a release date announcement soon.

When I'm done with Women of Power, I need to get back to revising Blood Trade and writing Senta and the Steel Dragon 4: The Young Sorceress, and I will, but as so often happens, I am also working on something new.  I skipped right over something I've been planning to start for months and started something I just thought up.

I was thinking about how much I enjoyed reading Edgar Rice Burroughs as a kid and how much fun I had writing Princess of Amathar, which was very much a tribute to Burroughs and John Carter of Mars.  Then I remembered that before John Carter, the first books I loved were Tom Swift Junior Books.  They were wonderful, simple, books that reflected their time so well-- the late 50s.  You can find authors on the web, who have revised the Tom Swift books to make them "up to date" and current, and that's fine.  I wanted to take that feel the books had and recreate it with my own ideas.  So my new book is about a fourteen year old girl inventor and her friends and their amazing adventures.  This will be my first real "children's book."  The working title is Astrid Maxxim and her Amazing Hoverbike.

No comments: