Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Next Up: Astrid Maxxim and her Amazing Hoverbike

Next up, Astrid Maxxim and her Amazing Hoverbike.  I'm just about at the halfway point in the first draft.  This is my first kid's book, aimed directly at middle school students.  It's about a girl inventor and her friends, and it is very much my interpretation of a modern Tom Swift book.  I've written before about how much I loved Tom Swift and His Robot Wife is dedicated to Tom.

I actually made enough royalties last quarter that I was able to set aside a few buck to get my first professional help.  I was able to hire Shaed Studios to design the cover for me and this is the result.  I'll show you the flat version later.  Matthew Riggenbach was great to work with and I'm really excited about the book and its cover.  If you're an author and want to check Shaed amd Matthew out, here's the address: http://shaedstudios.com/.

No comments: