Sunday, November 27, 2011

Update: The Young Sorceress


I am currently in the middle of chapter seven of The Young Sorceress.  I think I have been working on this book longer than anything I've ever done beside Princess of Amathar (which was in the works for years and years).  I am determined to finish it as soon as possible.  It won't be before the end of the year, but hopefully before summer.

The book is ostensibly about Senta Bly, the fifteen year old sorceress, though it follows several other characters-- some of them new-- through adventures in Senta's fantasy world.  The story is in fact less important for Senta than the others-- Isaak Wissinger, a writer who was hinted at in previous books, Kieran Baxter, who was a minor character in book one and hasn't been seen again until now, and of course our usual band of suspects: Yuah Korlann, Iolanthe Dechantagne, Saba Colbshallow, and Bessemer the Steel Dragon.

This book will be about the same lenght as the Dark and Forbidding Land, in other words about two thirds the length of The Voyage of the Minotaur and The Drache Girl.  I'll let you know when I reach the next milestone-- say when I finish chapter ten.

No comments: