Friday, December 30, 2011

The "His Robot Wife" Brand


I've been reading a book on marketing, and one thing I've learned from it is that each of my book series is a brand.  I have one brand that is particularly popular-- His Robot Wife.  When taken in that light, it is stupid of me not to have more products available under this brand-- in other words, books.

I've always said that I would write another Robot book if I had a story.  Well, I'm thinking up stories all the time.  What I didn't really have was an approach.  After thinking about this for a week, I think I have an approach.  So what does this mean?

It means that there will be more Robot Patience stories coming in 2012-- at least one, maybe more, and eventually a whole series.  I'm not giving up writing everything else, so the three books I am completing will come first, but they should all be done by late March.  Then it's on to Robot Book 3.

That being said, I have a number of other brands in need of a second or third product-- Amathar, Tesla, and Eaglethorpe Buxton.  I'll get to them as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you should make more robot stories! After reading "His robot girlfriend" and before your followup book, I found a great author called 'd.b story' a he made a great fembot series. He really expands the theme well. You can find his series on Amazon "Fembot Chronicles" he's got 5 volumes of short stories. You got alot of writing to catch up ;-)

Mr. Wesley Allison said...

I am a big fan of db story and have corresponded a bit with him. I don't think I'll be able to write robot stories fast enough to catch up with him. :)