Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Facelifts: Coming this Summer

One of the things I have planned for this summer is a facelift for my complete line of books.  I don't plan on a re-edit, though I have a few error corrections to make.  What I plan is changing the margins and indents to work better with ereaders.  I did this with Astrid Maxxim and her Amazing Hoverbike and I like the results.  I'm also going to add more book informtion, sample chapters, and coming soon features in the back of the books.

There will also be some price changes in the works.  Pricing is always difficult to judge.  The way that royalties work at least at Amazon, I get 30% of a 99 cent (or 30 cents) book, but 70% of  2.99 book (or 2.03.  In other words, I have to sell 7 times as many books at 99 cents to make as much as selling one at 2.99.  If lowering the price to 99 cents would guarantee a 700% increase in sales, I would lower them all.

Finally, I'm going to make sure that all my books are available in paperback.  I'm getting Astrid Maxxim out because I think some kids might actually buy them.  In all other cases, it's just for additional exposure, though I have been selling a few paperbacks of His Robot Girlfriend lately.

No comments: