Thursday, January 12, 2012

Update: The Young Sorceress


I just finished chapter 8 of The Young Sorceress.  My enjoyment of this project has waxed and waned, but it is high right now as I get to some of the more exciting parts of the plot.  Originally plotted to be 17 chapters, I've combined a few things as I write (something I always do) and right now it's looking like 14 chapters which will make it the same length as The Dark and Forbidding Land.

A note: My son, who is the world's biggest Senta and the Steel Dragon fan, having read each book (including the unpublished book 5) six times, tells me The Dark and Forbidding Land is his favorite. 

I think when I finish Book 4, I'm going to go back and read 1, 2, and 3 before editing it.

3 comments:

Martin Krischik said...

Great series. Can't wait for the next part.

But I have to say: I somehow side with the natives.

Mr. Wesley Allison said...

Thanks for your comment. I really tried to make the natives identifiable as people, even though they are quite inhuman. You'll see a bit more of their lives in the next book.

EagleThorpe Boxcar said...

Sir, thank you so much for writing these awesome tales...

When can we tentatively expect The Young Sorceress to be released?