Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Princess Jholiera



The elven princess in Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess is not a particularly inspired character.  She's a stock elf and a stock princess, though I flatter myself that I gave her a bit of personality.  She has to have some to deal with Eaglethorpe in their day to day dealings.  She's his foil, his sounding-board, and at one point (SPOILER) his foe.  I tried to weave a little Shakespeare into the tale (something I did much more blatantly in the second EB story) by making her take up the disguise of a boy.

One thing that I notice of course, is that people either hate or love Eaglethorpe Buxton, but it's usually him and not his world or the other characters that brings out this diverse reaction.  I would love for someone to write me and tell me what they think of Jholiera.  Incidently I just randomly threw together some sounds to make an elven name.

No comments: