Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visiting the Scene



The other night, I was visiting downtown Vegas for the first time in a while, and decided to stop at the locations in my book Blood Trade.

The top picture is not the location of Xochitl's office on First and Harding (because there is no Harding in Vegas) but it is close to the area where the story takes place and is the kind of block described in the book.  There used to be lots of such blocks downtown, but they have mostly been torn down now.

The second picture is Third and Carson, where Xoxhitl disposes of vampire bodies by dropping them in the sewer manhole.  I labeled the manhole location for you.  It was also a full moon that evening (this was taken at sundown), so I labeled that too.

I didn't get a picture of the Catholic Church in front of which Xochitl fights a werewolf, though I did look at it as I drove by.  Unfortunately it doesn't have the beautiful garden full of wolfsbane in real life.

No comments: